How businesses can quickly integrate the new page design into their marketing efforts
Savvy businesses already know that Facebook is launching a mandatory page design update for all businesses on March 30, 2012. This quick primer will help your business get ready for the switch and outline a few of the marketing benefits of the new design.
First, to see the new page design in action, visit Zoo in a Jungle Marketing’s Facebook Page. Here’s a screenshot for you to preview:
How to update your business’s Facebook Page
When you visit the admin section of your Facebook Page, you’ll be encouraged to take a tour of the new layout. Throughout the tour, you’ll have an opportunity to upload key graphics and learn how to update the content.
- The first step is to create and upload a “cover photo,” an image 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall. I chose a photo I took at the Cincinnati Zoo with my tagline, “Uncage Your Potential!” Get creative with your cover photo, but be cautious about making it too promotional. Facebook won’t accept an image with too much text, pricing information or calls-to-action.
- The next step is to ensure the image containing your logo is square, with a minimum size of 180 pixels by 180 pixels. A rectangular image will not display properly.
- Finally, you’ll be given a chance to organize your content, highlight important updates and learn how to interact with Facebook users.
Benefits of the new Facebook Page design
- Businesses can develop a richer experience for the customers on the new page. Details like “milestones” allow businesses to share more with customers than they could before.
- The “cover photo” makes the Facebook Page look more polished, like the important marketing communications tool it is.
- Businesses can customize the new page to fit their brand and business goals.
- In my opinion, the information on the page is better organized, allowing for faster communication.
- It’s Election Day. You Won’t Read this Post. Except you might read my post now that I’ve included...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.