The Google Display Network is part of Google’s advertising universe. Businesses place text, image or video ads on websites that partner with Google. The Display Network can be an effective way to reach potential customers who are interested in your products or services but aren’t actively searching for them.
Here are three examples, two from the New York Times and one from a travel website:
While Google’s Search ads appear in search results, Display Network ads appear on websites. Both kinds of advertising are pay-per-click, meaning businesses pay for the ad when someone clicks on it.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of advertising on Google’s Display Network.
Use Demographic Targeting with Display Network Ads
Demographic targeting is the key to success with Display Network ads. Google offers a variety of targeting options. Here’s a small sample:
Display Network ads require careful demographic targeting to ensure only people who could become your customers click on your ads. A campaign’s list of excluded demographic interests can be just as important as the topics that are included. For most businesses, I recommend their exclusions list include some of the following:
Create Image and Video Ads to Get the Most Impact
Last month, I wrote “How to Extend Your Reach with Google Image and Video Ads.” While text ads are the go-to format for search advertising, image and video ads are much more suited for display advertising. With search advertising, customers are already searching for your product. With display advertising, you need to work harder to earn their attention. Display ads should be as attractive and interesting as advertisements you would run in a magazine.
Get More Ideas
Google has several case studies for how brands like Jordan, Yankee Candle and match.com have used the Display Network, which you can check out here.
Have questions? Email me at email@example.com
- Google AdWords is Gone How Google Ads is Changing the Small Business Marketing Landscape...
- [VIDEO] 5 Tips for Marketing with Video Marketing with video makes a lot of sense for small...
- The Key to Facebook Advertising is Understanding Your Customers In the United States, 68% of adults use Facebook, which...
- When to Boost Facebook Posts (And When Not To) This Popular Facebook Ad Type Gets Results – When Used...
- Finding Beautiful, Free Stock Photography “Beautiful, free-to-use stock photography for my business?” you may be...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.