Facebook’s stock price plummeted on the news that 83 million of its user accounts are fake— either duplicates, spambots or (most interestingly) pet accounts. That’s 8.7% of Facebook’s 955 million monthly active users.
Despite the market’s reaction to this news, Facebook marketing still matters. Why? Because Facebook marketing still works– if businesses do it right.
If you’re reading my small business marketing blog, it probably doesn’t matter to you if Facebook has 955 million users or 872 million users. You’re never going to need that many customers. Facebook marketing still gives businesses the opportunity to connect with people who are interested in their brands, products and services. For many of my clients, Facebook is still one of the most effective marketing tools in our toolbox.
To learn more about effective Facebook marketing, read my article, “Facebook Marketing Tips,” which gives the following four tips:
- Post interesting content to Facebook
- Motivate your customers to interact on your Facebook page
- Respond to your customers’ questions
- Be subtle with your sales
- The Key to Facebook Advertising is Understanding Your Customers In the United States, 68% of adults use Facebook, which...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.