But it’s Not So Easy.
For $50/month, you can send marketing emails to 5,000 customers. If you send one message each month, it costs a mere cent per contact. Compare that to direct mail, which might be up to $1 per customer, if the volume is only 5,000 mailers.
Email marketing is so cheap that several of my clients have stopped direct mail marketing altogether. It requires careful planning to be able to do this, but the cost savings are enormous if you can.
Tips for Successful Email Marketing
- Lots of businesses engage in email marketing– which is why sending meaningful messages to relevant customers is critical to email marketing success.
- Know if your customers prefer video, picture, written or interactive content. Test different content formats to learn what works.
- It requires discipline to grow a great contact list. Everyone in your business should understand the value of getting a customer’s permission to add them to your contact list. Your information-gathering processes and tools must make it easy to gather email addresses.
- Your website should have easy-to-use forms for people to sign up for your newsletter or updates.
- Analyze your send reports and tweak your marketing messages based on customer response. No marketing campaign is perfect from the start. Watch the results and make improvements.
These are just a few tips to get you started with email marketing. Have questions? Reach out to me at email@example.com
- Think Like a Minimalist to Get Your Marketing Message Across I’m helping a client design a consumer rewards program, with...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.