Do you know that Google owns YouTube? You probably do. Google owns lots of things and is buying and creating more things every day.
Google has a simple business goal: to take over the world. And one small part of achieving that goal is to make YouTube videos ubiquitous. If you help Google achieve this goal, you’ll be rewarded with SEO cred that boosts your small business website’s search rankings.
Here’s a process you can follow for making videos that help your small business marketing efforts:
- Create YouTube videos that are relevant to your brand and offerings. Make them short and interesting– 90 seconds is plenty of time.
- Write video descriptions that contain your desired search keywords.
- Embed these videos in your website, such as in blog posts or on product pages. A great example is on Steve Yastrow’s page for his Ditch the Pitch sales training methodology.
- Write short, interesting content to surround the video. Again, make sure to include your keywords.
- Frequently update your site with new videos, so Google sees that you are creating fresh, relevant content for website visitors.
I follow this process with my small business clients, and we see significant success with our organic search traffic. Give it a try!