Sometimes, small business marketing can feel rushed and put you under pressure. When business owners first talk to me about their marketing efforts, they usually express a sense of anxiety, asking question like:
- How do I know I’m doing enough marketing?
- How much should I be spending?
- How do I know if my marketing is working?
Take time now to plan for 2016, and eliminate these worries. Here are some elements you should include in your small business marketing plan.
Components of a Small Business Marketing Plan
- Measurable goals. These might include revenue growth, increases in profit margins, number of new customers or increases in purchase frequency.
- Brand strategy. A comprehensive brand strategy will make it easier to craft marketing messages that resonate with customers. Great news– a great small business brand strategy will likely last many years and only require small tweaks as your business landscape changes.
- Marketing budget. Everyone should know approximately how much will be spent over the year.
- Media and channels. Identify the best places to reach your customers, and develop campaigns for each channel. You should know which channels are proven successes, which to eliminate and which you’re experimenting with.
- Campaign calendar. Know when you should be doing what and give specific deadlines. A calendar also helps ensure all campaigns complement each other throughout the year.
Once you have your plan in place, share it with your team. Let everyone know what to expect in the upcoming year.
And here’s the most important part: Implement the plan! You don’t have to wait until 2016. Start today!
- A Marketing Calendar Makes Your Life Easier Marketing efforts are most successful when you have time to...
- Coaching Gives Small Business Owners a Head Start in Marketing Owners of start-ups and businesses in their infancy often don’t...
- How to Defeat Writer’s Block and Publish Interesting Content for Your Audience There’s a small word that describes an essential part of...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.