More than 50% of customers view email marketing communications or social media marketing campaigns on a smartphone. This means every message you share must keep mobile in mind or risk being ignored by half of your customers.
Here are some tips for designing mobile-friendly marketing messages:
- About 500 pixels wide will display beautifully on smart phones. Minimize the amount of horizontal scrolling required to see the content.
- Try to keep file sizes as small as possible. Smartphones load content more slowly than desktop computers, and customers are ever more impatient. Also, you need to be mindful of how much data you are asking customers to download.
- If you have fairly sophisticated abilities, design elements using responsive design that adapts with the customer’s screen size. One good option for email marketing are services like Mail Chimp that have responsive templates.
- If you have to send your content as an image, use a PNG, GIF or JPG format. Avoid PDFs, as that format usually won’t display automatically like other file formats.
Designing mobile-friendly messages can be more challenging than designing for print or desktops, because screen sizes are different among devices. But if you embrace the challenge, you’ll have the marketing advantage over your competitors who stay stuck in the past.
- Why Have a Website When Your Customers are on Social Media? Some small businesses hope to save marketing budget by relying...
- Google AdWords is Gone How Google Ads is Changing the Small Business Marketing Landscape...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.