I once helped a small business that sent out poorly-designed post cards. Although the company lacked design sensibilities, its efforts were still incredibly successful because the marketing strategy was carefully crafted and spot-on. The lesson here is that marketing strategy is more important than marketing execution.
If a small business has a fixed marketing budget, I recommend prioritizing an incredible marketing strategy over an amazing marketing design. You have to understand the reasons you are communicating before it matters how that communication looks.
Here are some elements that are crucial for a successful small business marketing strategy,
Top Elements of a Successful Small Business Marketing Strategy
- Identify your audience – Who are the customers or prospects you should reach out to? Who is going to buy from you?
- Identify purchase behavior – Think about how customers will buy your product. Are they searching for it, or is it an impulse buy? Do certain events trigger purchases? Is it a gift?
- Talk the customer’s language – What does your audience care about enough that will influence them to buy from you?
- Media matters – Where will your customers see your messages and be receptive to listening?
- Narrow your focus – You can’t be all things to all people. Narrow your focus to be memorable and meaningful to customers.
- Measure and adapt – Measure your marketing success and make changes based on performance.
Once you implement a great marketing strategy, you should see your success grow. Then, you’ll have the resources to improve design and execution, which will help your success grow even more. Marketing execution is important, but it’s wasted without a great strategy behind it.
- This Hotel’s Marketing Campaign Went from Quirky to Creepy Real Fast Renaissance Hotels takes marketing inspiration from its name, seeking to...
- How to Hire and Retain Employees with an Employment Marketing Strategy In these days of 3.8% unemployment, US small businesses face...
- A Marketing Calendar Makes Your Life Easier Marketing efforts are most successful when you have time to...
- Once Upon a Child’s New Marketing Strategy Blends Online and In-Store Experiences Small Business Marketing Case Study My favorite resale shop for...
- [VIDEO] 5 Basic Tech Tips for Creating Marketing Videos Instagram and YouTube stars pride themselves on the “raw realness”...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.