With somewhere around half of all web traffic originating from people using mobile devices, it’s certain that small businesses need to engage in mobile marketing. Then there’s the question: should you have a mobile-friendly website or an app?
I’ll make that decision easy for you. In almost every case, small businesses should focus on developing mobile-friendly websites instead of apps.
Why Mobile-Friendly Websites are Better than Apps in (Most) Small Business Marketing
- Customers are more likely to find your website than your app. Search engines like Google search websites, not apps. Apps require marketing campaigns just to build awareness that they exist– let alone to start building your brand.
- Apps are expensive to develop and maintain. Unless you expect thousands of users, app ROI will be lackluster.
- A website is more universally accessible. All customers need is the website address and their favorite browser. For accessibility, you’d have to develop both an Android and Apple version of an app, which creates more complexity and expense.
Undoubtedly, there are lots of cool and useful apps available. And there are lots of companies building businesses around apps. But if the goal of your mobile marketing is to communicate information and engage customers, skip the expense and hassle of developing an app. A mobile-friendly website will work better for you.
- Why Have a Website When Your Customers are on Social Media? Some small businesses hope to save marketing budget by relying...
- 3 Reasons Why Your Business Should Have a Blog, Even in a Social Media Era Some businesses seem to be giving up on creating and...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.