Small businesses have many advantages over big businesses– the ability to build real relationships with customers, agility, flexibility, and more.
But brand awareness is one area where the big guys excel. They have millions of dollars in marketing budget to educate customers about what they do and just why customers should care. Because of that, a big brand’s tagline can be esoteric, aspirational and vague. Think Nike’s Just Do It or Coca Cola’s Open Happiness.
A small business marketing tagline has to work harder, though. It needs to tell the story of what you do and why customers love you in one small, memorable package. It’s hard work, and that’s why many small businesses don’t have a tagline. But the effort is worth it. Just check out these ten great small business marketing taglines:
- Newport Aquarium – A Million Gallons of Fun
- Graeter’s – Irresistible Ice Cream
- TriState Water Works – Prompt & Proven Sprinkler Service
- Lighthouse Carwash – Clearly a Better Carwash
- LMB Associates – Building Lasting Relationships with Clients and Candidates
- Dewey’s Pizza – Hey! Ho! Let’s Dough!
- Thrive Chiropractic – Adjust. Advance. Thrive.
- VooDoo Doughnut – The Magic is in the Hole!
- WAVE POOL – A Contemporary Art Fulfillment Center
- Yats – Cajun. Creole. Crazy.
Each one of these taglines combine with the business name to clearly communicate what the business does, while letting customers know what makes it different and special from competitors. For Dewey’s Pizza, VooDoo Doughnut and Yats, the tagline conveys the fun vibe found at these establishments. Others, like LMB Associates and TriState Water Works set their service models apart from competitors.
- 2 Medical Marketing Slogans that Miss the Mark An organization’s brand is often summarized into a tagline, a...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.