Having a regularly-updated blog is an important part of your small business marketing strategy. Well-written blog posts help your organic SEO rankings and give customers a reason to explore your site. These articles can also be used in your email marketing and social media efforts. Conceptually, almost every small business understands the value.
But then you actually have to write the posts, develop the videos and create the graphics! Publishing a blog requires creativity, imagination and… time.
Here are some tips for overcoming writer’s block and keeping your blog up-to-date.
- Schedule a brainstorming session. Take 30 minutes to an hour to write out ideas and create skeleton blog post drafts. When you’re stumped, you can rely on your previous creativity.
- Need a blog post right now, but don’t have any drafts? Let your mind wander over the last week. What problems have you solved? Have customers been asking any particular questions? Did you complete a successful project that customer’s will find meaningful? Usually, by answering these questions, you’ll find a topic just waiting to be discovered.
- Beyond your actual business, is there anything in your personal life that relates to your business and customer interests? For instance, sometimes I will share effective or ineffective marketing executions I’ve seen.
- Get creative with using your SEO keywords. Craft a compelling SEO headline and let the story flow from there.
Sometimes, though, small business owners are simply too busy to publish their blog and other marketing content on a regular basis. If that sounds like you, give me a call. I help many businesses with content creation and would love to learn more about your business.
- It’s Election Day. You Won’t Read this Post. Except you might read my post now that I’ve included...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.