It’s true, your marketing videos are too long. Really, they are.
We know that attention spans are seemingly growing shorter. On the popular social network Vine, videos must be six seconds or less. But even in the stodgy world of network television, marketing videos (otherwise known at TV commercials) are limited to 30 seconds.
Fortunately, you can go longer than a Vine, and even a little longer than a TV commercial. Keep your marketing videos to 90 seconds or less. But only if you want people to watch them.
How to Keep Marketing Videos to Only 90 Seconds
You have lots to say about your business, and it’s incredibly interesting to you. But your customers don’t care that much and only have a little bit of interest in your business. Even the Most Interesting Man in the World shot 30-second commercials (and he’s been retired).
Here’s how you keep marketing videos to 90 seconds:
- Choose incredibly focused topics. Remember in high school or college, when you had to write research papers? When you chose an impossibly broad topic like the Civil War, your teacher made you choose one small facet to focus on. Don’t try to cover a topic that would require an entire documentary. Break it up into many, smaller videos.
- Consider the one thing you want customers to remember from the video and shoot only that thing.
- Watch a lot of marketing videos yourself to truly understand what is effective on film and what isn’t.
- Don’t be afraid to shoot several takes to get the perfect phrasing and timing. Seconds really do matter in marketing videos.
Enjoy these tips and happy shooting!
- [VIDEO] 5 Tips to Make Your Marketing Videos Sparkle Get longer video views and improve engagement when you add...
- [VIDEO] 5 Basic Tech Tips for Creating Marketing Videos Instagram and YouTube stars pride themselves on the “raw realness”...
- [VIDEO] Make Marketing Videos Customers Want to Watch Throw Away Your Script! Watch the video: Make Marketing Videos...
- [VIDEO] 5 Tips for Marketing with Video Marketing with video makes a lot of sense for small...
- Don’t Publish a Blog Series for Your Business At one time or another, most of my clients have...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.