Recommendations Now Replace Reviews on Facebook
If you visit your business’s Facebook Reviews page, you’ll notice it has a new look, and one critical piece is apparently missing. Customers can no longer write reviews! The familiar star ratings are gone!
Instead, page visitors are asked a Yes/No question: Do you recommend this page?
Business Still Get to Keep Their Existing Star Ratings
If you invested in a Facebook Reviews marketing campaign in the past, your work wasn’t wasted. Existing reviews and star ratings are still listed on your Reviews page and are factored into your new Star Rating.
How is Your New Facebook Star Rating Calculated?
That’s a good question! Facebook is rather coy about how it calculates that star rating prominently displayed on your business page.
“This rating is based on how many people recommend or don’t recommend the Page, as well as any past ratings and reviews it may have.”
For a longer explanation that says basically the same thing, visit this Facebook Help Center article. The true answer to the question of Page Rating calculation is that Facebook isn’t telling.
Obviously, Yes recommendations will help your business while No recommendations will harm your reputation. In communications with customers, you’ll want to start asking for Recommendations instead of Reviews.
- What to Do if Spammers Give You Fake Recommendations on Facebook Even Marketing Experts Make Mistakes Back in 2013, I had...
- The Key to Facebook Advertising is Understanding Your Customers In the United States, 68% of adults use Facebook, which...
- Once Upon a Child’s New Marketing Strategy Blends Online and In-Store Experiences Small Business Marketing Case Study My favorite resale shop for...
- When to Boost Facebook Posts (And When Not To) This Popular Facebook Ad Type Gets Results – When Used...
- Why Have a Website When Your Customers are on Social Media? Some small businesses hope to save marketing budget by relying...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.