In these days of 3.8% unemployment, US small businesses face significant challenges to recruit, hire and retain employees. Vistage research finds that CEOs of small and medium-sized businesses highlight talent management as their #1 concern, with 65% planning to hire and raise wages.
My clients are no different, and we have started thinking unconventionally about finding recruits through implementing marketing strategies. Small businesses usually engage in marketing and advertising in pursuit of customers. But now, a small business needs to sell itself to potential employees.
Grady Veterinary Hospital Highlights its Top-Notch Talent in Employee Appreciation Campaign
Grady Veterinary Hospital is a 24-hour veterinary practice with 12 veterinarians on staff. It provides preventive care, surgery and emergency services. Its large staff of receptionists, Veterinary Assistants and Veterinary Technicians are critical for patient care and client relationships. Each year, we celebrate these talented individuals in employee-appreciation videos and Meet the Staff interviews. Here are the latest videos:
These simple videos go a long way towards making employees feel valued for the important work they do. And potential employees get a glimpse into a healthy, vibrant work culture. Plus, clients are encouraged that their pets will receive optimal care from this top-notch team.
Millennials and GenZ Employees Need to Be Engaged
My client Michal Clements is a market strategist who is an expert in Millennial and GenZ workforces. At 22 – 40 years old, they are a significant portion of the labor economy. She writes that beyond feeling job satisfaction, they need to be engaged in their work. The three engagement drivers that matter most to Millennials are:
- Purpose: Their job has meaning and is important
- Feedback: Regular updates on how they are doing on the job
- Professional Development: Opportunities to improve skills
Learn more about employee engagement by reading her article, “3 Engagement Drivers that Help Businesses Hire and Retain Millennial Employees.“
- Employment Laws Still Apply When Advertising a Job on Facebook Posting a job opening for your small business on Facebook...
- [VIDEO] 5 Tips for Marketing with Video Marketing with video makes a lot of sense for small...
- [VIDEO] 5 Tips to Make Your Marketing Videos Sparkle Get longer video views and improve engagement when you add...
- Once Upon a Child’s New Marketing Strategy Blends Online and In-Store Experiences Small Business Marketing Case Study My favorite resale shop for...
- [VIDEO] Make Marketing Videos Customers Want to Watch Throw Away Your Script! Watch the video: Make Marketing Videos...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.