Facebook Drives 65.36% of All Social Media-Sourced Website Traffic, but Google Still Outpaces All Social
In a survey of 3.25 billion website visits, GrowthBadger’s Kyle Byers discovered that Facebook is far and away the most effective social media platform for driving website traffic. Twitter comes in a distant second at 10.03%.
Don’t let that chart fool you, though. Google is still the top driver for website traffic. Google accounts for 60.68% of web traffic, while Social accounts for 6.44%. This means Facebook accounts for 4.2% of overall web traffic.
Social Traffic by Industry Shows Which Types of Businesses Should Invest in Facebook
Fashion, Business, Marketing and Fitness are prime candidates for including Facebook in their marketing efforts. Other industries that enjoy web traffic from Facebook, but to a lesser extent, are Real Estate, Health & Medical and Photography.
The following chart shows both how much total website traffic is a result of Social, and which platforms make up that total. For example, Technology sites get 7.73% of web traffic from Social, and 38.68% of that is from Facebook. So, about 3% of total Technology web traffic comes from Facebook.
What this Data Means for Small Business Marketing
- Although Google is the top source for website traffic, small businesses need to diversify their traffic sources. You don’t want your business solely dependent on the whims of Google.
- As a social channel, Facebook will likely be more effective for driving visits to your website than any other social platform.
- Depending on your industry, other social channels might be of value, but they won’t drive significant web traffic. For instance, you may make good connections on LinkedIn, even if it doesn’t increase website visits.
- Where Does Your Website Traffic Come From? (Hint: It’s Not Instagram) Google Drives 8 Times More Traffic than All Social Media...
- You Can Stop Marketing on Twitter Now – Unless Your Industry is Crypto Twitter Drives Only 0.66% of all Website Visits New research...
- Why Have a Website When Your Customers are on Social Media? Some small businesses hope to save marketing budget by relying...
- 3 Reasons Why Your Business Should Have a Blog, Even in a Social Media Era Some businesses seem to be giving up on creating and...
- Employment Laws Still Apply When Advertising a Job on Facebook Posting a job opening for your small business on Facebook...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.