Even Marketing Experts Make Mistakes
Back in 2013, I had just given birth to premature twins who needed constant love and care. Given Murphy’s Law, that’s exactly when four spam Facebook accounts gave my business low-star reviews, wrecking my Facebook star rating. I missed the window for reporting these false reviews to Facebook, and now they are a permanent part of my Reviews page.
Report Fake Recommendations to Facebook Right Away
My mistake was waiting too long to tell Facebook about my fake reviews. If your Facebook page receives a spam recommendation, report it to Facebook immediately:
- Go to the Recommendation and click the triple dots in the top right.
- Select Give feedback on this Recommendation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Encourage Positive Reviews from Happy Customers
Fortunately, my Facebook Recommendations story has a happy ending. This year, I deployed a marketing campaign to my clients, asking them for positive recommendations. First, I sent a personal email to a select few of them, explaining the mistake I made and including the link to my Reviews page. Next, I published a humorous Facebook post asking for help.
Within 24 hours, my Facebook Star Rating increased from 3.1 Stars to 4.2 Stars, with seven new recommendations. In another month, I’ll ask another group of clients for assistance. It’s important not to fatigue your customers with too many communications that aren’t personally relevant to them.
And, on a personal note, my twin boys are six now. They are perfectly healthy and enjoying Kindergarten. Their smiles illustrate the top of this post!
- Facebook Reviews Are Gone Recommendations Now Replace Reviews on Facebook If you visit your...
- When to Use a Facebook ‘Page Likes’ Ad Campaign (And When to Stop It) Starting a New Page is the Best Reason to Deploy...
- When to Boost Facebook Posts (And When Not To) This Popular Facebook Ad Type Gets Results – When Used...
- Employment Laws Still Apply When Advertising a Job on Facebook Posting a job opening for your small business on Facebook...
- The Key to Facebook Advertising is Understanding Your Customers In the United States, 68% of adults use Facebook, which...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.