Most businesses know about Search Advertising with Google AdWords, and use the service fairly effectively to advertise to potential customers searching for products and services like theirs. Fewer take advantage of Google’s complementary Display Network, which promotes ads on websites whose readers match the demographics of your customers.
To see if your business is already advertising on the Display Network and to edit your target demographic settings, visit the Settings page for each campaign. You can see that Zoo in a Jungle Marketing’s campaign type is set to Search and Display Networks.
Any text ads you’ve created will automatically be placed on the Display Network. To fully take advantage of advertising on the Display Network, businesses should create image and video ads as well.
Google Image Ads
To create Google image ads, use the display ad builder, which is accessed from your list of ads:
The ad builder allows you to create the text for your ads, upload images and choose colors.
It’s very important that your ad design is tweaked to fit all the different ad sizes offered by Google. Your average cost per click will be lower if your ads can display on any website in the Display Network. Most websites will only allow one or two of the ad sizes ti display on their pages.
Google Video Ads
Google video ads can be displayed on Google’s partner websites or YouTube sponsored videos. Businesses can use any video you have already uploaded to YouTube (make sure you own the copyright to the videos). To create a Google video ad, choose the display ad builder:
Select Video in Media and Channels, then choose either TrueView In-display or TrueView in-search:
Next, you’ll have the opportunity to select a video from your YouTube Channel, write a description of the video, and your ad is complete:
I encourage businesses to experiment with the Display Network using image and video ads. You’ll extend your advertising reach, and clicks through the Display Network typically are less expensive than clicks from Search Advertising. Questions? Email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
- [VIDEO] 5 Tips for Marketing with Video Marketing with video makes a lot of sense for small...
- Google AdWords is Gone How Google Ads is Changing the Small Business Marketing Landscape...
- Are Your Google Ads Working, or Wasting You Money? “Search Terms” Show You What Customers Are Really Searching For...
- [VIDEO] 5 Tips to Make Your Marketing Videos Sparkle Get longer video views and improve engagement when you add...
- [VIDEO] 5 Basic Tech Tips for Creating Marketing Videos Instagram and YouTube stars pride themselves on the “raw realness”...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.