Redesigning your small business website is a big project and important for your marketing goals. Before you hire a website designer, make sure you’re satisfied with their answers to these 15 questions:
- Can you show me examples of websites you’ve designed that are similar to mine?
- Can you show me websites you’ve designed that you are most proud of?
- What’s your design philosophy?
- What’s your technological background?
- How do you make sure websites are secure and functional for the long term?
- Do you write the content, or is that my responsibility?
- Is graphic design of new elements included in the proposal?
- Is stock photography included in the proposal?
- How do you manage projects?
- Who will be my day-to-day contact? Can I talk to them before I buy?
- Will I be allowed to contact the designer or developer during development?
- Who will handle hosting and security updates?
- What kind of training do you offer after website launch?
- What if I want to make changes down the road?
- What kind of long-term support do you offer?
If you have any questions about managing a website redesign, contact us.